I just noticed that the batch rendering uses only 2 out of 8 available CPU cores on my new PC.
I did some research on Creativecow.org and Creativecrash.com for a solution. It’s pretty simple. Here is a step by step with image guidance:
Step 1: Go to “Render” tab.
Step 2: Click Render menu and select Batch Render with the box. You will se this window pops up.
Step 3: Uncheck “Auto Render Threads” then type in your preference of how many cores you’re willing to contribute.
Step 4*: Some folks on those forums suggest that you might want to un check “Render on the network machines” as well, so I gave it a try.
The render performance should be improved by now, which I found it made my day.