Touching Up Stuff

I did a rushy work last week in order to finish the project as a whole, and now after the first submission, I’m tweaking stuff a bit with lighting, texturing, render setting, and some other variables.

– cloth material place2dTexture is readjusted, and cloth Mesh UV is remapped (fix moire issue)

Screen Shot 2556-07-07 at 10.44.32 PMScreen Shot 2556-07-07 at 10.43.26 PM
– shot by shot light set up on demand (fix the burned out problem)

Screen Shot 2556-07-07 at 10.38.57 PMScreen Shot 2556-07-07 at 10.39.42 PM
– Fear’s texture is added

Screen Shot 2556-07-07 at 10.36.22 PM Screen Shot 2556-07-07 at 9.08.42 PM Screen Shot 2556-07-07 at 10.30.49 PMand so on… stay tuned!

Advertisements

Scene 3 is being rendered now!

It’s quite busy now, so I don’t have much time to upload stuff. Maybe this Saturday I’ll be able to upload some updated work in progress “sneak peek” (pretty much playblasts and some rendered+composited shots).

Anyways, the big one is here now, the last scene. However, I’m 1 day behind my expectation now.

Render Setting Tips

I just noticed that the batch rendering uses only 2 out of 8 available CPU cores on my new PC.
I did some research on Creativecow.org and Creativecrash.com for a solution. It’s pretty simple. Here is a step by step with image guidance:

Step 1: Go to “Render” tab.
step1
Step 2: Click Render menu and select Batch Render with the box. You will se this window pops up.
step2
Step 3: Uncheck “Auto Render Threads” then type in your preference of how many cores you’re willing to contribute.
step3
Step 4*: Some folks on those forums suggest that you might want to un check “Render on the network machines” as well, so I gave it a try.
step4

The render performance should be improved by now, which I found it made my day.

Plan Clarified

As I’m waiting for my machines to render out the scene 1 and 2, I finalize the visual  breakdown accordingly to to my edit.

planned

It really seems to be a tight schedule situation here.

So… I planned to finish up the whole scene 3 by tomorrow night. Then Move on the the longest scene, scene 4, as quick as possible (hopefully, to finish the whole thing by Monday night).

Parallel Rendering

The deadline is approaching very soon, so I started to render background layer of some shots that got the stable timing.
Also, I have done finalizing the lighting and render setting for most of the first 8 shots now.

shot 1 lighting test

shot 1 lighting test

shot2 lighting samplingshot2 lighting sampling

shot 2 lighting sampling

shot 2 lighting sampling

shot 3 lighting sampling

shot 3 lighting sampling

shot3 luminance depth sampling

shot3 luminance depth sampling

shot3 luminance depth sampling

shot3 luminance depth sampling

shot4 shader workaround: BEFORE

shot4 shader workaround: BEFORE

shot4 shader workaround: selective Blinn with Additional Color

shot4 shader workaround: selective Blinn with Additional Color

shot4 shader workaround: AFTER

shot4 shader workaround: AFTER

shot4 shader workaround: pumping up some more intensity

shot4 shader workaround: pumping up some more intensity

shot 5 lighting sampling

shot 5 lighting sampling

shot 1 lighting test

shot 1 lighting test

shot5 frame #0124

shot5 frame #0124

shot 1 frame #0144

shot 1 frame #0144

shot 8 background layer frame #0228

shot 8 background layer frame #0228

[WIP] shot 8 backgroundLayer from Thanasak Patanasin on Vimeo.