I did a rushy work last week in order to finish the project as a whole, and now after the first submission, I’m tweaking stuff a bit with lighting, texturing, render setting, and some other variables.
– cloth material place2dTexture is readjusted, and cloth Mesh UV is remapped (fix moire issue)
– shot by shot light set up on demand (fix the burned out problem)
– Fear’s texture is added
and so on… stay tuned!
Now I’m fixing up lighting, render setting, and layering in some shots. It’s more or less of a tweaking stage now.
LURKED – Trailer from Thanasak Patanasin on Vimeo.
It’s quite busy now, so I don’t have much time to upload stuff. Maybe this Saturday I’ll be able to upload some updated work in progress “sneak peek” (pretty much playblasts and some rendered+composited shots).
Anyways, the big one is here now, the last scene. However, I’m 1 day behind my expectation now.
I just noticed that the batch rendering uses only 2 out of 8 available CPU cores on my new PC.
I did some research on Creativecow.org and Creativecrash.com for a solution. It’s pretty simple. Here is a step by step with image guidance:
Step 1: Go to “Render” tab.
Step 2: Click Render menu and select Batch Render with the box. You will se this window pops up.
Step 3: Uncheck “Auto Render Threads” then type in your preference of how many cores you’re willing to contribute.
Step 4*: Some folks on those forums suggest that you might want to un check “Render on the network machines” as well, so I gave it a try.
The render performance should be improved by now, which I found it made my day.
This is much slower from my expectation…
I just got my hands on this scene in the late afternoon after my tweaks in the scene 2.
It seems to be a pretty long night here…
As I’m waiting for my machines to render out the scene 1 and 2, I finalize the visual breakdown accordingly to to my edit.
It really seems to be a tight schedule situation here.
So… I planned to finish up the whole scene 3 by tomorrow night. Then Move on the the longest scene, scene 4, as quick as possible (hopefully, to finish the whole thing by Monday night).
It’s a pretty short scene here, but I spent 80% of the time adjusting the lighting and camera movement (which it may “shine” after the rendering is done).
[WIP] playblastShot008 from Thanasak Patanasin on Vimeo.
[WIP] playblastShot009 from Thanasak Patanasin on Vimeo.